Saturday, July 4, 2009

3:33 AM

By Drew Smith

I remembered my eyes / A stilled comfort
In cries / Inside the deep cuts that
Bled me dead / I said
I’ll miss you forever
I’ll see you tomorrow
That’s me in black
In the shadow left out back
Closer to you by time / Dragging me across
That line / Even after I’m reaching for
You in last night’s dream / And it drains
All over this evening / I know
I’ll miss you forever
I’ll see you tomorrow
That’s me in black
In the room I’ll leave dark
For when I’m silenced / for now / for how /
I carry me in my arms / This one’s lost
In your charming/ and smile / and shining
Your eyes / I’ll glaze over and
I’ll miss you forever
I’ll see you tomorrow
That’s me in black / the detached
Failing all over and over
Again/ My best friend / Again 3:33 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment