Music I’ve been listening to in a sentence or two




The Knew, Before It Ends, SFP Records
Holy shit, a band that manages to successfully mix the likes of Alice Donut, Television, and Elvis Costello (at least that’s what I hear as I play it over and over again on my record player). My new favorite seven-inch.

Citizen Fish, Goods, Alternative Tentacles
I don’t know what it is about this record that makes me so happy, but it probably has something to do with the fact that it’s the best album the band has ever made. (My name is Brian and I acknowledge the boldness of this statement). Best ska-punk band ever.

Rumspringer, Empty Towers, Traffic Street Records
For the longest time, I thought good pop-punk was a thing of the past, and then I bought this record and realized I was wrong. Great for enthusiasts of the poppier punk.

Cat Stevens, Very Best of Cat Stevens, Some label
I don’t want to be one of those guys who grows old and refuses to listen to anything other than the music of his formative years. With this in mind, I checked this CD out from the library and I have to say, I am quite pleased with the result.

Street Eaters, We See Monsters, Bakery Outlet Records
Awhile back my band played with Street Eaters at the 404, and I enjoyed the set so much, I bought the record. The singer was in the Fleshies, his wife plays drums, and they write politically inspired punk/rock. What’s there not to like?

Comments